Friday, July 31, 2020

Flame Skimmer

Magic is seeing wonder in nature's every little thing,

seeing how wonderful the fireflies are and

how magical are the dragonflies.

Ama H.Vanniarachchy




While hiking I noticed an abundance of orange dragonflies or Flame Skimmers.  They hovered in front of me and when I reached for my camera they darted away.   So the majority of my photos of these colorful creatures are blurred.

A dragonfly symbolizes transformation and renewal, and is even associated with spiritual renewal and self realization. In Native American legends, the dragonfly is a symbol of resurrection, and renewal after hardship. The dragonfly is a carefree insect that symbolizes free spirit, swiftness, and activity.  Dragonflies live a short time, they live a complete life in just seven months.  Let the dragonfly be a reminder to you to live life fully.







No comments:

Post a Comment