Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Trinidad Lake State Park

Bette Davis said, “Growing old isn’t for sissies.” 


The person who check me in yesterday, July 27th, was a young man who was very considerate. I was interested in the Reilly and Levsa Canyons trail. The trail will take you to a semi ghost town of Cokedale. I know my limitations because of my back... I never thought of my age as a limitation. This man did and he did his best to dissuade me from taking it. I realize he saw Grandma when he saw me. He just kept repeating "it's a strenuous 8 mile hike."

I did my research. It is an 8.6 mile trail which starts at the campground. It goes through meadows and through juniper and cedar forests. It is considered a moderate hike. I manage 4 miles. My back said "home." I listened.





Camping Fees:
Additionally, a Parks Pass is required for each day of camping.

Basic Campsite: $28
Electric Hook-up Campsite: $36
Full Hook-up Campsite: $41

Modern facilities at this campground include:
Centrally-located water hydrants;
50–amp electrical service at all sites;
Full hookups at seven sites (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 62 and 63) during April through Mid October;
The camper services building with coin-operated showers, laundry and flush toilets is open from mid March to mid Oct. and is only available for camping guests. During the winter season, the family restrooms are available for camping guests only.
24-hour restroom facilities just outside the campground--open year-round also; and
A dump station located near the campground entrance.

Description:
Trinidad Lake State Park is a state park 4 miles west of Trinidad, Colorado, United States. The park protects Trinidad Lake, a dammed reservoir. There are hiking trails, and camping and boating opportunities. The park features historical attractions such as the coal mining ruins at Cokedale. An exposure of the Cretaceous–Paleogene boundary is visible in the southern part of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment