Friday, September 18, 2020

The Rest of the Story

 “Laughter is sweet when enjoyed alone. 

But it becomes sweeter when you enjoy it together with the people around you.” ― Israelmore Ayivor 

  

Two subjects matters that make me twitch - Trump and Religion.  There are others but...  that is another post.

 An elderly gentlemen knocked at my door this morning, September 17, wearing a Trump cap.  Sigh.  He asked me to show him my van.  He said he sees it every morning when he walks his dog, even though I am outside he doesn't want to disturb me.  He said "I'm not sure what you are doing but you look like you are praying or sleeping or something."  

I said, "Meditation and prayers sir"

I grabbed my keys, replaced my nightclothes with street clothes and put on a bra...then went outside.  

 His wife, who was very frail and wobbly, was trying to get out of their brand new Subaru with his assistance and it wasn't going well. Well half of the car was parked on the sidewalk.  So I went over to lend an arm and we got her out.  She introduced herself and then proceeded to lecture me about always buy American made products and told me Trump gave them the money to buy their new refrigerator.  

You can't make this stuff up and it is my life.

We did get her in the van.  We had to lift her into it but we got her in.  She was giggling.  I was giggling.  This woman was a hoot.  She did get a good look at the van, I showed her all the goodies and conveniences.  Her husband did a walk thru, looked at the motor, kicked the tires...  We had such a wonderful conversation.  Truly, truly great neighbors to have despite their political affiliations.

I can overlook their love of Trump and them suggesting that I go to their church to do my praying because they were so much fun to talk to.   

Best of all, after we lifted her out of the van - got her back in their Subaru, she invited me over for a dip in their pool and dinner.  

Love these people, great to meet them.

Now the rest of the story.  My truck is parked at my son's house while I use the van.  After my company I went over there to get something out of the truck and left. When I was over at my son's house later this evening my granddaughter, Autumn, was deeply offended that I didn't stop by and see her.  I explained that it is very rude to just drop by without notice.....  My daughter in law, Kristin, looked at me and with a smile, said "like random people knocking at your door to see your van?"  

Too Funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment