Monday, November 23, 2020

Musing


When you age you start buying more Sympathy cards than Birthday cards.  The past 5 years I have said goodbye more than I have said hello. Most to the natural order of life, old age.  Some were to young.  I am secure in my my faith in knowing that I will be saying hello to my family again. There are certain days, certain holidays that are a little rough.  

I am going to spend Thanksgiving with my sister’s family.

I remain vigilant in staying COVID-19 free.   

Yes, like many I have been seeing a therapist for grief and loss.  For a year and a half and it has been amazing.  I highly recommend it but do your research.  I am just so fortunate that her focus has not been on telling me what to do but to give me tools.

To quote one of my favorite artist/singers, It’s not that I’m so messed up, only a professional can help me...  It’s that I’m worthy of an unbiased, safe, and productive opportunity to process my experience."  Summer Osborne

No comments:

Post a Comment