Monday, December 21, 2020

Trinity Turtle Healing Labyrinth Alamogordo New Mexico

Robin, There is no “right” or “wrong” way to walk the labyrinth.

Most times this how I do it, but then there are other ways and reasons I walk a labyrinth as well. It is a personal experience. Sometimes after walking a labyrinth - I walk it again.

Before entering a labyrinth I take time to transition from everyday life to the labyrinth experience. I leave my cell phone and all electronics in my car. Sometimes I remove my shoes and walk barefoot, a traditional sign of respect for a sacred space. I pause, take a deep cleansing breath, focus on letting go of things I want to leave behind and release things that stand in the way of my spiritual journey. I state my intentions quietly, bow my head say, do namaste, then I walk slowly and quietly. This helps slows down my breathing and opens my mind. I use this time to think, meditate, pray... I sometimes I carry prayer beads, I always try to bring a small token of gratitude. It is another way I feel closer to creator. Another way I speak to creator. I don’t focus on the center as the goal, I stay present in each step. It is meditative.

When I reach the center, I usually stand but you can sit, kneel, lie down... This part of the journey is about just being present to your inmost self and the power of creator. I usually say prayers, thank my creator for this life. I will admit I did bring my flute a couple of times. It is here I leave a gift, a small token of thanks. Walking back I am more reflective. When I leave a labyrinth, I stop, say do a namaste. If I have paper on hand (most times I do) I write down what knowledge I have gained. I write down my thoughts, my prayers. Just whatever is in my head.

People of all faiths, spiritual beliefs walk labyrinths. It is a way to give thanks, solve a problem, to seek guidance, to grieve a loss, to get rid of your fears, to pray...


Website that helps find a labyrinths - Labyrinth Locator

Location of this labyrinth Trinity Turtle



















No comments:

Post a Comment