Wednesday, January 13, 2021

It Is

 Delightful start to my morning...   I was camping on BLM land called Gunsight Wash.  I had an interesting conversation with a very upset, elderly neighbor the day before.  She was struggling with getting rid of her trash.  Both of her vehicles were not working, she was stacking the trash on top of her cars.  I told her I would pick up a couple bags of her trash when I left this morning.  While I was FaceTiming my daughter I watched several campers walked over to her campsite and took bags of her trash off the car roofs until there was no more left....  it does a heart good to witness acts of kindness.

I also talk to my daughter for over an hour.  I really miss these silly conversations with just the right amount of seriousness.  I plan on doing this weekly.  I also took a pictures of her “rugs.”


I have been in a quandary on what to do and where to go.  A part of me wants to go back to Tucson then head to Texas and the other part of me wants to continue west.  I decided to continue west and made a reservation for three days by a river.  There are petroglyphs I want to see and trails to hike.  So onward and upward.

On the road, between Why and Ajo, I chipped my windshield.  I decided to call my RV Insurance (Good Sam) and have them pay for it.  It is small enough so a new windshield won’t be necessary.   You can imagine my surprise when the claim department called to confirm my identity and policy and discovered I was a man living in the Carolinas...  she said “until this is resolved you basically do not have coverage.”  

WTF

I called my insurance and explained to them what was going on and eventually found myself on the phone with my insurance representative and a claim representative.  The claim representative tried to pull up my referral number but it no longer existed.  So he took my name, address, date of birth, VIN number...  and discovered I do not exist...  Basically there is no claim.  I have all the documentation that shows I have insurance and that is one less worry.  Other than that, if, god forbid, something does happen and I require more than a chip repair will I be going through all of this again?  I have to pay for the chip repair and submit the paperwork for reimbursement.

I am reconsidering my auto and RV insurance.

When asked where did this accident occur...  I had a hard time making him understand there is a town called Why.  

The scenery between Why and I-10 is so pretty and the drive was relaxing.






 

3 comments:

  1. Which insurance company is it?

    We've had Geico for years. Several claims; a couple my fault. No complaints. I recommend 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'rugs' and I had a good time chatting with you too : )

    ReplyDelete