Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Learning to Transition...

...and suddenly you just know it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings.



Update on the back. X Rays were done, I should hear the results this morning. I am going to physical therapy to learn how to do exercises without causing more damage to my shoulder and back. It takes less than a hour to learn the new routine and I am excited I can get back to exercising. My shoulder is really doing well.

Not from my doctor, I received the usual lecture about doing things alone at my age. Sometimes a person doesn't need to hear those words especially when they are physically and mentally in a vulnerable place because sooner or later out of the ashes a very pissed off old fart will arise. When it is my time I would rather die doing what I love than sitting on the couch scared shitless that something bad is going to happen.

Talk about chicken little.

I haven't been able to make my bed, sweep, mop, vacuum...since I hurt my shoulder so I am going to surface clean today, figure out how to do laundry and then I am calling a housekeeping service and a plumber. I can't fix the toilet either - it requires being a contortionist.

This morning I grabbed my pillow, went outside, managed to get seated and sit cross legged. A few deep breaths. Meditation lasted 10 minutes with minimal pain. I was able to pull myself up and walk in the kitchen.

Every day I will continue to pull myself up, be it physically or mentally. Eliminating negative people from my life has become mandatory. I will not be "Chicken Little."

I will be picking up my van Thursday to get it packed.  Friday I will be driving down the road.  

Why go out like tears in rain?
Water curling down a drain
Courage, love, and dry your wings
Fly like a butterfly in Spring
Don't ask why, just do something and fly
Why not?
You're a butterfly
-Butterfly- deb talan

1 comment:

  1. " out of the ashes a very pissed off old fart will arise" - LOL! I have this mental image of a geriatric phoenix with his middle feather up.

    ReplyDelete